When a child is reading, they are going to absorb more if they see themselves within the text. Whether they relate to the character or the experiences the character is going through, they find something to hold on to that aids them on their journey through the narrative. The books selected for our #OwnVoices collection have been chosen because they do just that with the author's unique and personal experiences as a guiding line for a reader to tether themselves, through these shared experiences, to the story.
- A Morning With Grandpa (HC)
- Bowwow Powwow (HC)
- Chef Roy Choi and the Street Food Remix (HC)
- Chinatown (HC)
- Crouching Tiger
- Dalia's Wondrous Hair / El cabello maravilloso de Dalia (HC)
- Drum Dream Girl: How One Girl's Courage Changed Music (HC)
- Dumpling Soup
- Frida Kahlo and Her Animalitos (HC)
- Islandborn (HC)
- And 10 more titles ...