When a child is reading, they are going to absorb more if they see themselves within the text. Whether they relate to the character or the experiences the character is going through, they find something to hold on to that aids them on their journey through the narrative. The books selected for our #OwnVoices collection have been chosen because they do just that with the author's unique and personal experiences as a guiding line for a reader to tether themselves, through these shared experiences, to the story.
- Alvin Ho: Allergic to the Great Wall, the Forbidden Palace, and Other Tourist Attractions
- Book Uncle and Me
- Buffalo Bird Girl: A Hidatsa Story
- Cilla Lee-Jenkins: Future Author Extrodinaire
- Clayton Byrd Goes Underground
- Drawn Together (HC)
- Eagle Song
- La Frontera: Mi viaje con papa / The Border: My Journey with Papa
- Light A Candle/Tumaini pasipo na Tumaini (HC)
- Lines We Draw
- And 10 more titles ...